Saturday, June 16, 2012

"Tis The Season...For Conventions!

I love convention time!  By June we are in the final months of the school year (we take July off) and I've already evaluated what worked for us- and what didn't.  Convention is a place to get re-energized. It is a placed for new ideas and reaffirmation of why I do this every day.  I love hanging out with friends and being around like-minded people.

This year the UHEA conference was a 2-day conference held at the new Provo Convention Center.  It was a bit of a drive, but well worth it.  The family stayed at a hotel while I was in classes and then we met up for the evenings.  It was a lot of fun!  I purchased a few books and feel like I can probably tackle a new year :)  I can't believe I didn't take a single picture, though.  I found my awesome camera at the bottom of my bag when I returned home :(

Another gem I have recently found is this online homeschool convention.  It is set up like a regular convention with a vendor hall and speakers, but is all virtual!  I've listened to some of the speakers and they were great.  I also love the booths in the vendor hall.  The best part is that I can peruse the site at 2 in the morning.  I can't imagine what homeschool was like without the internet.  Those sweet families who started the homeschooling movement 30 or so years ago are truly inspiring!  Thanks for paving the road for us, ladies!!!!




2 comments:

Megan said...

I'll be checking that out soon! Thanks for sharing! So fun attending the conference with you!

Jennie said...

It was fun!!!