Thursday, June 14, 2012

Heritage History

Today a fun package came in the mail.  The boys begged me to open up the "prize!"  It was our Heritage History: Ancient Greece CD.  I have been looking for a different history program for some time now.  We have used other curriculum in the past and I have also put together our own when I haven't found what I wanted.  A few months ago, I came across the Heritage History on someone else's blog.  Could it be? The history program I've been dreaming about?  Heritage uses "living books" to provide a story-based approach to learning history.  There are no worksheets or tests, instead there are beautiful illustrations, maps, and study guides.  One of my favorite things is that I can download the books to my kids' Kindles.  The complete program boasts over 400 titles.  All of the books are available in the public domain, but I think the small cost is worth it to get the study aids.  I also love that the books are color-coded so you can see at-a-glance which books are beginner, intermediate, or advanced.  Everything is organized so nicely!  The 20 bucks is worth it to me.  We'll be starting on Monday.  I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

Megan said...

I want a full report on this......sounds awesome!!!!