Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Dirty dishes drive me crazy! They're not a hard chore to do and everyone in the house usually helps do them. But alas- the sink seems like it's always full! They're like laundry, you never are completely done. Today, I could feel myself becoming irritated as I loaded the dishwasher for the second time. For heck's sake- it was only noon so that meant there would be at least one more load for the day. As I stood there, the irritation was overwhelmed by a feeling of intense gratitude. Gratitude for dirty dishes? As I stood there I was reminded that:
1. A sink full of dishes means that we have enough food to eat
2. That I am surrounded by a precious family to feed
3. That I have a home that I can wash my dishes in
4. That my health allows me to do those dishes
5. That I have a dishwasher to put them in
6. That I have the knowledge to use all those pots and pans to make something
My list could go on and on...
I'm so grateful for teaching moments like these from a loving Heavenly Father. It's so humbling to know that you are never to old to learn something.