Sunday, March 25, 2012

You Know It's Time To Get More Organized When...


I am typically a very organized person. I'm the one that not only has a list- but a list to organize the first list. Well, that is until it comes to my computer. When it comes to the computer I just can't get it together. I typically have a few thousand emails piled up and files saved all over the place. I claim to know where everything is, ummm, yeah- that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Until recently, there was 5 of us sharing the same computer. One day there "appeared" a folder on the desk top that simply said "Jennie's Stuff". Well, I guess it was time to get organized. I knew I could do it, even the 8 year old has his own stuff bookmarked properly. I moved everything that I've ever downloaded or saved in my life to that folder. I continued, day after day to download and save to that folder. Fast forward to today. I got an email for an amazing sale from Scholastic Books. They have downloadable books for as cheap as $1! I decided to check it out. I remembered that there were several things that I had wanted to get. I was hopeful that they were on sale. I was thrilled to see that they were. I ended up with 17 things in my shopping cart. I thought I had some amazing finds, especially since I had a $6 PayPal credit. I paid and it took me to the new-and-improved download page. It had a list of everything that I had downloaded in the past 3 years. Yep- I purchased 17 things and guess how many things on my list had been previously purchased and downloaded. Any guesses? Yep- 17. The worst part is, is that a couple of things had been downloaded 3 times! OK. I'm now thinking that the $1 deal may not be so great. I have new resolve! I will organize those files so I can find my things and not forget what I already have! I guess the bright spot in all of this is that at least I am consistent with what I like :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

That is hilarious!!!! :)

Lynette said...

hahaha! :) :)