Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Curriculum- English




Rod and Staff is my favorite English program ever!  This is Nate's 3rd year using it and Mason's 1st.  It's a very thorough program that teaches traditional grammar, capitalization, punctuation, letter writing, story proof-reading, poetry, story writing, and many other useful skills.  I really love that it is christian based and uses a lot of the Bible as well as historical and scientific facts.  If you are going to diagram a sentence, you might as well diagram something from the Bible :)

The books are fairly inexpensive and include a hardback student's book, a teacher's book, test booklet, and an extra worksheet practice booklet.  It's also easy to find them used.  Ebay is a great resource for used textbooks.

2 comments:

Megan said...

We use them too for grammar! I need to check ebay for used ones, I am thinking.... :)

Jennie said...

Today I got the English 3 student textbook from paperback swap. I couldn't believe it! I've got some good stuff before, but never rod and staff. I guess I finally got to the top of the wait list :)