Friday, March 20, 2009

Life in the Dark Ages

Can you even remember what life was like pre-internet? My children often wonder how survival was possible before the modern conveniences of today. No spell check, no internet, non-existent cell phones? No call waiting, caller ID and the WORST- only 1 phone in the whole house? How cruel. Having to make plans with people face to face ahead of time would be unheard of today. I've watched Lexii check her Myspace, chat on the internet, talk on the phone and text all at the same time. That makes my brain hurt just thinking about it.

I do have to admit though, I love the internet. Just today I've hooked up with an old high school friend, chatted with friends, found out where my bro-in-law will be doing his residency, sent friends recipes via e-mail, looked up recipes, used my cell phone because I was waiting for a call on the other line, received a text message for a free DVD rental and a free meal if I live in Texas, found information on saving money, updated my blog and Facebook, watched an episode of Lost that I missed Wednesday and before the day is through I will have booked a flight, hotel and rental car and renewed library books. Isn't it amazing what you can do online!

Whew! I must have been a pretty boring person before the internet. The funny thing is- I thought that I was doing just fine.

No comments: