Friday, July 18, 2008

Frugal Friday Tip

I love Frugal Fridays on Crystal's blog! It seems like everyone else's ideas are always so much better than mine that I never post. This week I have an awesome frugal and easy idea. Doughnuts. This recipe is from someone in my recipe club.

*Pillsbury Grands biscuits (I used the Walmart brand and they worked great too)
*Make a hole in the center of each biscuit (I used the cap off of a water bottle)
*Fry in oil (350 degrees) for 1-2 minutes on each side (don't forget the holes)
*Let cool on a paper towel and then either frost them with chocolate frosting or dip each side in glaze (mix together powdered sugar and milk into a thin liquid)
*Let dry on waxed paper
Enjoy! This is super easy and inexpensive.

For more frugal ideas go to biblicalwomanhood.com and check out Frugal Fridays.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

i don't have a deep fryer (yet) but i'll have to bookmark this just incase we get one for a wedding gift! excellent idea! :)